In this review, I’m going to talk about the New Optimized Ethminer for Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 ti GPUs, which is an important addition to Bitcoin mining hardware. Mining is a record-keeping service done through the use of computer processing power. Miners keep the blockchain complete and unalterable by repeatedly verifying newly broadcast transactions into a new group of transactions called a block.
The Nvidia line of high-end gaming GPU’s recently got an upgrade. As expected, their newest model – the Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti hit the shelves March 10th at the price of $699 USD. It was well-received in the mining community and the mining performance test results look promising as well.
The GTX 1080 Ti is one of the few top-tier Nvidia GPU models that have GDDR5X memory instead of the more common GDDR5. The GDDR5X standard supports 10Gbit/s data rates, which is reflected on how the miner performs with memory-intensive algorithms.
RECOMMENDED HARDWARE FOR 6X GTX 1080 TI MINING RIG
- Motherboard: ASRock H81 PRO BTC, GIGABYTE GA-H110-D3A, Biostar TB250-BTC PRO
- CPU: Intel Celeron G1840 for ASRock H81 PRO BTC, Intel Celeron G3900 for Gigabyte H110-D3A & Biostar TB250-BTC PRO
- RAM: Kingston HyperX FURY 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 for ASRock H81 PRO BTC, Kingston Technology HyperX FURY 2400MHz DDR4 for Gigabyte H110-D3A & Biostar TB250-BTC PRO
- SSD: ADATA SU700 120GB
- PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2, 80+ GOLD 850W
- Dual PSU Adapter: Add2PSU Multiple Power Supply Adapter
- USB Risers: USB Riser VER 008 PCI-E 16x to 1x 60cm USB 3.0 Extension Cable
- Power Button: 2 Pin SW PC Power Cable on/off Push Button ATX Computer Switch Wire 45cm
- Energy Meter: TP-Link HS110 Smart Plug w/ Energy Monitoring
- Fan Splitter: 3-Pin x 3 Fan Cable Splitter
As specs state, the GPU power consumption limit is 250W on non-synthetic operations. The Founders Edition allows users to increase that limit by 20%. This means that the power consumption can be pushed up to 300W, but some additional cooling should be necessary too.
The GPU can be underclocked. There are no solid data about underclocking possibilities just yet, but experienced users stated that the GTX 1080 Ti has some potential.